Onto dinner - it was gratifying to know I could go out to eat and NOT order the worst thing on the menu or onion rings! Chris and I and another couple went to Urban Pl8. It's a great place if no one has been there, very paleo and primal friendly. My big hurrah was not having any wine at dinner - although I was very very very tempted, and was pretty much on the verge of ordering a bottle (even told Chris we should get one) but we didn't! Alright. We had chicken lettuce wraps for an app where I didn't put any of the sauce on and I ordered scallops (I asked for them to be made paleo to take out the beans/corn - but she didn't) for my main entree. They were ok - I wouldn't get them again, but they were healthy. I ate about 4.5 out of 6 of them. Desert - I know what you are thinking - how can desert be paleo....well they had a delicious paleo brownie!!(eggs, almond meal, cocoa, honey) It was fantastic and really hit my sweet spot where I've been wanting anything sweet. Overall - great meal and day and it was all in good company.
It's especially exciting to talk about paleo recipes and diets with friends - but i have to be cognizant that I don't go overboard when not around these people or try to continually talk crazy paleo b/c I really have no intention of drawing attention to myself. Heck, it's only been 3 days.
Overall, the past 3 days I've felt great. A bit grumpy from really wanting sweets and I'm hungry ALL the time. I've read blogs that said it'll pass, and I hope it does soon. Regardless, I'm excited to see what I can pick off a menu when we go somewhere not so paleo friendly. A challenge is a challenge and I'm 1/10 through it!
No comments:
Post a Comment