Stepped on the scale again this am. 133.2 - not a bad number. Consistent enough.
Came into work early, like 7:15 and go figure, i was starving so I ate 2 hard boiled eggs right away and that craved my hunger until about 10:30 when I ate 1 more egg and some bacon. Not a bad start to the morning...but get this...
So my entire building (yes, all 28 floors) hired a BBQ caterer to serve food to all tenants during lunch today. YUM. Even though I have some leftover chicken and 1.5 scallops I figured I'd give it a try and go with my coworkers. Well, the smell is overwhelming when we get to the top floor of the parking deck. Lines are long and the food looks amazing. So, it's now my turn in line and we have people who are serving the food for us, first up: beans and mac and cheese....MAC AND CHEESE. That's like a favorite! Who doesn't love cheese + some mac, all in a hot gooey goodness?! Well, I told the lady "I'll pass on both" She looked at me and said "both?" and I kindly answered "yes please". (I'm sure my teeth were grinding when I said that - oh how i love cheese!). On to the bread. Easier pass then the cheese, easy to say, "no bun please". I got a bit of pork, chicken, and brisket. Next onto sauces. On the side i kindly said. Easy enough. Lastly...dun dun dun, the cheddar cheese biscuits. UHHHHH, how yummy those looked, but I just kept walking (or sulking). DONE, got through the table - all paleo! I went to get my silverware and the man handing them out said "Didn't you get our award winning biscuits?" Again, a kind reply was "I have a dietary restriction". However dumb I felt saying that, it was easy and got me out of the situation. SUCCESS!!!! By the way, I didn't even DARE go look at the sweet tea or the desert table - yup, a whole table dedicated just to deserts which had lemon squares and other goodies.
I must say that I succeeded and am very proud. Although writing about the desert is really making me crave sweets. I think my next move is to get some good paleo 'sweet' treats I can make myself to keep from salivating throughout the day every time I think of a treat.
Overall - a great accomplishment!
No comments:
Post a Comment