Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Slap, Slap, Push, Squat, Squat

No better night then tonight to blog....but before I get to the good, exciting things, let's get another week's recap:

Friday - STAYCATION!!!
-Dinner - MF Sushi!! Deliciousness like no other... + lots of sake, some beer (oh yea, a bottle of wine before we left our hotel- the Hyatt. Onto Whiskey Blue for drinks and friends, then we stumbled over to Buckhead Pizza Co. for a late night calzone and pitcher of beer (whooooops)

Saturday:
-breakfast at the Hyatt was a buffet - got an omelet, bacon, waffle and some fruit
-dinner @ Tap - burger and such (not good), followed by some drinks at RiRa

Sunday:
-Gluten Free cooking class at The Viking School. Made an assortment of foods! Pasta, cupcakes, bread, butter etc. Fun and pretty taste - but still not paleo/primal
-Dinner @ Yeah Burger- no bun, decent dinner + movies afterward with no snacks/cokes

Monday:
-Eggs from downstairs restaurant. Lunch of some tuna fish and snack of applesauce and turkey jerky. Dinner was chicken + 3 fried eggs + avocado. Didn't WOD - honestly, it looked like it was straight from HELL...and I need to be able to walk and move my body as I travel and meet my client for the first time. Instead, I got outside b/c it was nice, and 'attempted' a run. I hate it, as i always say, but I went about 2 miles...yea, some stopping and catching my breath and walking, but I did something. Hooray

Tuesday:
DAMN that 4:20 AM wake up call to get to the airport. Went to the Sky Club when I got to the airport (B10), the new one, so I was all certain they'd have fruit out....NOPE. Ended up eating a small bagel with butter and a pastry. Threw another bagel in my bag (just in case), shouldn't have, b/c I ended up eating it later. Lunch - took the client out....ordered a french onion soup so they'd feel comfortable ordering an app or salad - and they followed suit by 1 more soup. Lunch was salmon and potatoes - not fresh salmon, gross. Dinner: 2 sushi rolls + tempura app (had to order it to make my order over $15 - LAME, b/c then i ended up eating some of it). Anyways, it starts to get exciting today....
----there is a YMCA that our hotel can get us passes to. So a coworker and I checked it out. THEY HAVE WEIGHTS.. and kettlebells...and a place to do DLs. Hooray! So I made up a WOD:
-5 rounds (10 KB 35#, 10 pushups, 5 DL 140#, 10 squats). Felt good to swing a KB and make my heart rate go up. Kinda strained my back on the last DL's so I quit and stretched.

Wednesday (What you've been waiting for!!)
-am: woke up early to do some activity, hit the hotel gym and did 4 rounds (400 M run, 10 burpees). I still suck at running, but it was worth missing a little bit of sleep for something.
-breakfast - scrambled eggs from the hotel + 1 hardboiled egg, water.
-lunch - ordered 3 sushi rolls for lunch out, took 1.5 -2 home for dinner.
-snack - part of an apple + a few sushi pieces
-dinner - leftover sushi rolls

workout. dun dun dun... I said I'd go check out a class at the YMCA with a coworker called "Kick & Core". I had my thoughts, but tried to go in open minded (especially after making up my own wod at the Y the night before). When we walked in they told us to get a ball and weights, but no more then 5#....ok, i'll try the 5# ones i thought. We did a lot of ..'jumping' back and forth, kicking, and trying to kick and do high knees. Some things that resembled planks. The best was "slap, slap, push, squat, squat". We'd pretend like we would slap someone (x2) and then push them away, and then squat twice...yea. Oh, and the squats, so clearly this was a room full of mirrors so I got to watch my squat vs others' squats....verrry different. Use your imagination for the rest of the class. I left wanting a 15 min AMRAP workout like never before...and feeling like I did our CF squat injustice to keep up with their thing that resembled "tabata squats for 3 minutes.." It was weird holding a 5 pound dumbell instead of a kettlebell, not throwing around weights, or hearing people breathe hard or curse under their breath.

Anyways, it was the most clumsy I've felt in awhile and things didn't feel natural. But, I'm happy the people in there are being active. I just don't think that's for me. I'm also happy to support a coworker as well - it's more entertaining then staying in my hotel room.

Hope that was able to provide a few smiles -I sure smiled/laughed a lot during the class. Oh, and apologies for writing the longest blog with probably the most run-on sentences ever.

:)

B

No comments:

Post a Comment