Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Weekend wrap up + Monday/Tuesday

I'm going to try and keep this short (but I know it won't be). I'm tired from XF'ing today and need to get to bed (muscle recovery!).

Anyways, weekend update:
Friday - happy hour for a company person's departure - I avoided ALL the food and had only 1 glass of wine, also avoided beer
-dinner time. stayed in and ate leftover turkey burgers. We put chorizo, fried eggs, turkey bacon, and some cheese on them (no bun of course), damn they were good. Ate that while watching Inception...also indulged in a bottle of red wine (bottle)

Sat - AM was BAD. Had a almost 5 hour hair appt so I grabbed McD's on the way at 8am. BAD BAD BAD. Had some eggs later as a snack and then did Steel for dinner. Dinner was great, and definitely an awesome date. We did an app of the tuna tower, 3 rolls, drinks, dessert (and we usually NEVER get dessert out) and even after dinner drinks! Honestly, the food and company was fantastic...so we'll let it slide. oops. Later on we went to MidCity for martinis, and I indulged in 3 espresso martinis. They are honestly so good....and made with fresh espresso (better then a chocolate martini right?)

Sunday - FAIL. FAIL. FAIL. Superbowl FAIL. Super FAIL. Done. No beer, lots of food and drinks. FAIL

Monday - back on the wagon (minus a mini snickers or two I snagged in our kitchen - damn). coffee and hardboiled eggs. turkey burger with avocado for lunch. Fruit and nuts as snacks. Dinner was all you can eat crab legs at Coast. YUM. Granted, I did split a bottle of wine with my girlfriend....but she just broke up with the guy she was dating....it was necessary. No other food there.

WOD = (post super bowl hell): FIVE ROUNDS FOR TIME OF:
15 KBS 55# / 35#, 15 Strict Butterfly Sit Ups, 15 Burpees, 30 Double unders, 1 Minute Rest. I finished in less then 25 minutes, 24:48 or something. I was happy with my time. I did 35# and 4X single skips

And another important thing which kinda does/doesn't matter. There was this guy (who I've now stalked and decided his name is Dustin...I think it is) who pushed me through my last 15 burpees and 4x SS. He really yelled at me to get back on the ground. That was probably my fastest round of burpees out of all 5 rounds. So, where I'm going with this is...I didn't thank you after I finishing working out. I was dying, mind was still hating burpees, and I left to get ready for dinner/collapse for 5 minutes at home. So, until I see you in the gym next time THANK YOU!! I honestly promise I wasn't trying to be a bitch, I just wasn't there mentally!

Tuesday:
-coffee for breakfast. I had a conference call so I didn't get to eat substantial food. turkey burger + grilled chicken + 1 egg and avocado for lunch. snacks of fruit and nuts. Dinner = grilled chicken (made fresh post CF) some fresh mozzarella on top of it, 2 fried eggs and 1/4 of an avocado. Delicious!

WOD = GET SWOLL: Overhead Squat 3RM (rep max), then…EIGHT ROUNDS FOR TIME OF:
5 Toes to Bar, 7 Push Ups, 9 Box Jumps 20#. I felt like I really excelled at this one! I did KTE, as I can't get TTB yet, push ups still on my knees, but I was able to do most unbroken, and did 20# box. Solid. My time was 8:10!! And a big thanks to Tori for cheering me on my last round.

Nice start to the week, even though the weekend wasn't great. But that's what you do. Surround yourself with people who care and support you in your eating and working out.

On another random side note - it feels nice not to travel...although I'm really missing it. Only b/c I feel like I am part of the gym more now then I was before. I'm not a face they see once a week, every other week. We'll see how it goes and adjusts with projects etc, but I can now see the sense of community that CFPT has - it's really awesome. Anyways,

Thanks CFPT!

2 comments:

  1. You are AWESOME! You hugely excelled at the workout last night! And I'm so glad you've been at the gym more frequently and we've been able to get to know each other better :) PS your Friday turkey burgers sound delicious...I'm drooling right now as I sit at my desk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh the life of a consultant. we must chat about this! I am doing my best to not get on a traveling project so I can keep coming to the gym...so far so good.

    ReplyDelete