Last night I got into town in time to run to Fresh Market. Oh how it felt good to be back there. I grabbed salmon, 2 burger patties, fruit, eggs, and bacon. Pretty much the same things I get every time I go. Went home, made the salmon for my meal with a side of unsweetened applesauce and some cinnamon. I then grilled my turkey garden burger (which was mixed with peppers and mushrooms!) and packed that away for lunch with an avocado I planned to mix with some seasoning at work. I also made a batch of paleo brownies. This time I added in an extra egg (3 total) and some applesauce. That made it so much better, a lot fluffier and not as dense and the flavor is not all cocoa. YUM
Today's breakfast was standard - hard boiled eggs and bacon. I'm still waiting to see when I'll get sick of that - haven't yet! Lunch was the turkey I made last night with the avocado. I had a brownie and some nuts throughout the day. Dinner we went out to Atlanta Fish market. No bread, which did look delicious - that wasn't as hard to pass up as what was to come.... No apps. I ordered broiled salmon with veggies, and the side was whipped sweet potatoes. You could definitely taste the butter + extra stuff that was in there, so I had a few bites and that was it. Ate all my salmon which was so tasty (I'm always up for some good salmon) and had some of my veggies. I was content after that - maybe still a bit hungry, but content. I was with Chris + 2 others. The other two talked of dessert whichI said no to. But to no avail, they ordered 2 (TWO!) slices of key lime pie. I sat there and looked out the window and other places. That was tough having it right in front of me - and to be teased about it even more, how rude.
One said, "just one bite won't kill you after 30 days". That's true, thanks. But it will let me know that I'm weaker then I want to be and that I've given myself the "okay, just one bite" mentality. Isn't that what got me in this situation in the first place? A few bites of this and a few of that, and wow, Becky, you gained some weight. I can't give in no matter how bad I want to. It's tough and I struggle, it makes me want to cry. I don't think 1 bite would hurt me, but I have more to prove to myself then just losing a few pounds on the scale...
What's crazy is probably that one bite WOULD hurt you because than you'd REALLY want another bite and would feel sad that you couldn't have any.
ReplyDeleteI think it's better that you just had nothing. Remember 30 days means 30 days =) And btw - knowing that you have that kind of willpower is going to be a POWERFUL thing for you!