Tuesday night I drove back into Atlanta from working outside of it and didn't make it in time for any CFPT workouts, so I headed to Chris' to do the workout of the day (21-15-9 DL, HSPU) After warming up, I started the workout, I did 95# DL's and HSPU's with 2 abmats. Well, I flew through the workout, I should have added more weight and tried just using 1 ambat. Next time I'll know better. For dinner we went to Fresh Market and I picked up some salmon and chicken along with a few other items. I ate salmon and had a small apple. For breakfast on Wednesday I had 2 hardboiled eggs and 3 strips of bacon. Throughout the rest of the work day I had an apple with almond butter, 3 big strawberries, and a bit of my leftover turkey burger (not good reheated, so I threw the rest out). I was starving when I left work, but all was good b/c we had dinner plans set in stone. My family and Chris' family were getting together at my FAVORITE italian restaurant in Roswell, Amalfi. I love their chicken parmesan and lasagna, but I decided ahead of time I'll try and get something not breaded or friend and no pasta. They do have good salmon, but I had it for dinner on both of the previous nights, so I ordered chicken limon. It was a sauteed chicken with a lemon caper sauce - not a bad choice. I had some bruschetta, meatball, and a zucchini/eggplant appetizer that was lightly fried. I also had some white wine and for dessert we got a sorbet and a cheesecake slice to pass around the table. I passed on the cheesecake and had a bit of the sorbet. Overall, a successful night I'd say.
Even better were the gifts I got! From my family my parents got me a nice shirt, a cute little rose bush, and a Fresh Market gift card - very very thoughtful. From my brother and his girlfriend, I got The Primal Blueprint cookbook!! My family has been so thoughtful and supportive - these were awesome gifts! From Chris' family they got me a Swim and Sport gift card so that I can get some new bathing suits for Hawaii and such. AWESOME! So the idea is a keep up with the workouts, eat healthy with food from Fresh Market, make food from the cookbook, and then go get some new bathing suits that complement my (hopefully slimmer and more toned) new body! :) Really, all the gifts were great and the atmosphere was wonderful. We talked about NY and such.
After not having a chance to work out yesterday, I got up this AM and did a workout in my apartment gym. For the time I had I did: 4X (400 M run, 15 squats, 15 sit-ups, 15 push-ups). At work already and will probably have some eggs/bacon and maybe some fresh OJ. I have a mentor/mentee lunch today and I think we may go to R. Thomas Deluxe Grill - I've never been, it looks like there are a lot of good paleo items. AND tonight I have dinner reservations for the Urban Pl8 paleo night! YUM!
No comments:
Post a Comment