Morning: Got up early (5:45 - too darn early), and jogged 2.28 (24:12) miles outside. My thighs are sore, and feet are uncomfortable from working in those shoes. Yikes. Anyways, when I woke up, I could barely get out of bed, but I was happy with my jog.
Pre-Breakfast, post jog: Starbucks coffee in the hotel room with 1/2 and 1/2 (that's all they had besides dry creamer)
Breakfast: 3 pieces of bacon. Big starbucks coffee, but i asked for either whole milk/cream instead of creamer.
Lunch: Ate here. Made my own burger. No bun. Hand avodaco, sauteed onions, mushrooms, pepper bacon and a fried egg. My side was sauteed spinach. Barely touched the spinach and had 1/2 the burger. Was disappointed I even ate, I wasn't hungry at all, but everyone wanted to go out. Next time, I'll just not eat and wait and have leftovers later. I felt REALLY FULL even though I didn't consume that much. Must be my body telling me I wasn't hungry. Duh.
Post work in hotel room: Ate some leftover brisket from the other day. Now I'm starving.
Dinner: Went out with the team, no time to workout. We went here: We had awhile to wait, so we sat outside and listened to a band. On the suggestion of a friend, I tried vodka soda (as opposed to my vodka tonic, or some other sweetener) again and this time added a lime and orange slice and surprisingly could tolerate it. Subbing soda for tonic cuts almost 32g of sugar. Ok, i'll make the sacrifice. I had a few at dinner, and one back at the hotel. For dinner I ordered grilled salmon, made sure it was at least gluten free, and ask what they cooked their veggie sides in. One was cooked in vegetable oil, so i nixed that and went only for steamed broccoli with butter on the side and my salmon. They gave me a baked potato too (not sure why), but I didn't touch it. Also said no to calamari and desert. Ate 1/2 my salmon, took the rest home, and ate some of my broccoli. I even had a bite or two of my brisket (before I threw it away before I went to bed)
I drank tonight, didn't get drunk or tipsy, but I felt comfortable drinking in a social situation (sans beer and lots of calories). I'd say tonight was a hit on the food. I ate healthy, made smart decision and was able and felt comfortable going out in a group situation. On the drinking front, I drank, but hopefully I'll learn to like this drink in order to cut more calories and grams of sugar. It wasn't bad, not my favorite, but maybe my tastebuds will want less sugary items as I try to continue this healthy eating.
Good day, not the best with drinking, but I'm feeling more confident about my decisions....however, the weekend is fast approaching...
No comments:
Post a Comment