Got up this am at 5:38 to WOD. Could barely walk - so that was canceled very quickly. I'll have to make that up at some point to use as a benchmark. However, on a better note - I bought these last night: Inov-8 F195 lite. I really wanted to test them out so i just went for a short walk (no socks) outside this am. They are so lite and feel amazing! I'm finally done wearing those old tennis shoes for CF workouts!
Breakfast: Coffee and coconut creamer, 1 hard-boiled egg. (Thanks to a friend I learned I was missing all my Omega 3's by not eating the yellow parts).
Snack (right before lunch): 1 hard-boiled egg
Lunch: Grilled chicken and some avocado with spices (celery salt and minced onions). **I'm struggling today, it could be because I got up at 5:30, or maybe it's the diet thing, but I'm tired and my stomach is also killing me as well - no clue why**
Snack: Ate a handful (I'll go ahead and say probably too many) macadamia nuts. I was starving, but the good part is they are high in Omega 3's.
Dinner: Went home to see the fam with Chris. Mom made fajitas - delicious. She also provided chips, tortillas, cheese, cheese dip, packaged guac, and rice. I stayed with the grilled chicken, onions, tomatoes, and peppers. I even brought my own avocado (to avoid the processed guac). I just added some seasoning and it was delicious! Perfect paleo dinner - although I think i may have eaten too much, but it was amazing (Props to momma!)
Stomach still hurt going to bed, not sure why, maybe just a change in diet.
Morning weight: 134.6
Ha, I'm going to say the same thing every day until you appease me - not enough fat! You're going to be exhausted and your body will not have fuel to burn if you don't give it some nice fat!
ReplyDeleteSomeone else can explain better than I can:
I think it’s important to understand the storage issue. We are so used to seeing stored fat as an inconvenience or an indicator of disease that we have forgotten why it is there in the first place. It is there to be burned. Think of it as fuel for your fireplace. You don’t collect dry timber and then get annoyed that it takes up too much room in your backyard. It is their for one reason only: to use it for energy (warm up your house) when there is a dire need. Humans have evolved to have extra energy stored away for further use.
Next question: when you stock firefuel for winter, do you use timber or rubber tyres? Both will burn, both will give off heat. But you will still choose something which is more benign and will not poison your entire family with fumes. If saturated fatty acids are so very dangerous, does it make sense that our body will carry a toxic load which will “clog your arteries” the moment it is released into the bloodstream? The fact that we have evolved to store saturated fats should be the first clue that they are the preferred source of energy and that the body considers them harmless.
Back to me:
Eggs contain a small amount of fat (only 1.6 grams per large egg). Avocado does as well, but almost none of it is saturated (about 12% if my math is correct). Similar story for the macadamia nuts (16% saturated). Avocado will do you well from the "staying full" standpoint, but in terms of effective fuel you're going to need to consume some animal fat (i.e. saturated fat, fat that is solid at room temp) to keep your energy up and to get your body burning the right fuel (the fat you give it and the fat you have stored).
If you keep giving your body lean protein (i.e. chicken breast, turkey breast, steak with the fat cut off), you'll have a hell of a time being successful, and it won't be in any way effortless.
Sorry for the length, but I hope you find this helpful.
L - appreciate the comments! Thanks for taking the time to educate me!
ReplyDelete