Weekend was no bueno. It included drinking, Antico Pizza, Beer while kayaking the Broad River, Dairy Queen (with a beer in hand), La Fonda. Not the best choices. Got back on good eating Sunday night with some BBQ meats and veggies from Whole Foods. Monday I had to pack and do laundry etc before leaving town again early Tuesday am, so I didn't make it to the gym. Tried to run outside around 8ish, but my shins were KILLING me. Good night they hurt. It's frustrating because I feel like I'm getting better at running, not as tired, but my legs are hurting more with these new shoes. Dinner Monday was another Whole Foods trip with BBQ.
This am - ugh - got up at 4:50. Who doesn't love a glorious morning flight for work....Did the P90x ab workout in my apt before getting ready for the cab pickup. Brought hardboiled eggs with me through security (score). Had some coffee on the plane and got a Starbucks tall iced coffee with milk (sweetened). That got me through most of the morning. Ate 1 hardboiled egg. Lunch was sushi. I had 2 rolls (spicy California and spicy tuna), no rice - 6 pieces each, which become really small with no rice. No snacks. Went and ran about 1.7 miles outside when I got to the hotel. Again, felt decent running, my shins were just killing me. I stretched and massaged them (which hurts!!) back in my room. Then I did sets of "REAL"! pushups! I felt good doing those. Dinner I went to McCormick and Schmicks and got gluten free mussels to go. They came with bread...which i would have liked to devour, but the lady noticed (b/c she remember me saying no bread) and had them make me a new one - plus I got a $10 gift card for their mess up. SCORE.
Even if I do eat poorly - which this weekend I did - I still don't have an excuse to get back on the wagon. That's the good feeling.
No comments:
Post a Comment